The Ether Siphon
The Ether Siphon allows you to transfer ether between your Bloodlines Ether Vessels in large amounts. This tool makes it convenient and fast to consolidate or distribute your ether for sharing, selling, or storage. It's a must-have for ether merchants or anyone that keeps ether on hand for any angels that might happen to drop by.
- 1 ether siphon
- 1 Set Instructions
- 1 LM to Bloodlines Store
Ether siphons work a bit differently from blood or lumen siphons. We've updated the process to be a bit easier.
- To siphon ether, follow the instructions below:
- Rez your Siphon and the two containers you'd like to siphon between. Both containers must be within 20 meters of the siphon. As you go through this process, the hover text will update above the siphon to let you know what you need to do next.
- Touch (left-click) the Siphon, and select 'Siphon' from the menu.
- Touch the container you want to siphon FROM, this will bring up the container menu. Push the 'Select' button.
- Touch the container you want to Siphon INTO, this will bring up the container menu. Push the 'Select' button.
- You will get a menu to select the amount to transfer. Once you select it, the transfer will take place.
FAQ / TROUBLESHOOTING
Q. I'm getting the error 'The same container was selected twice.'
A. This might happen if a container gets stuck in the siphon memory. To fix this, just close all the menus and touch the siphon again, and this will clear out the memory.
Q. I'm getting the error 'Both containers must have the same owner.'
A. Both containers must have the same owner as the siphon, or it won't work. This is for security reasons.
Q. It said that the siphon was successful, but my containers didn't update with the new amounts.
A. If your containers didn't happen to update, you can update the meters on them by touching them and selecting 'Info' on the menu or picking them up and re-rezzing them.
Q. Can I siphon between my own containers and someone else's containers?
A. No. If you want to do this, they will have to hand you the containers first, then you can siphon, and hand it back to them. Both containers must have the same owner as the siphon. This is for security reasons.